We were all super excited here at the office when Greg Heffley, of Diary of a Wimpy Kid fame, paid us a visit (see dorky photo for proof)! And as much as we’d like to keep him here as company, we thought it might be even more fun if he could pay a visit to YOUR classroom! We do like giving things away, after all.
So we’re running a contest! One grand prize winner will receive the following:
• Life-size cardboard cutout of Greg Heffley, the wimpy kid
• One copy, on CD audiobook and in print, of each of the books in the Wimpy Kid series
• Other fun goodies, like bookmarks and buttons
Three runners up will each win one copy, on CD audiobook and print book, of one of the books from the Wimpy Kid series.
Here’s what you should do to win: Tell us what you’d do if you could get Greg Heffley in your classroom! Submit your ideas as a comment here. Would you arrange a school-wide read along? Have students make their own cartoons? We’ll pick our favorites to win. The last book in the series, The Ugly Truth, will be published on November 9, 2010. The contest will close on Friday, October 22, 2010 and a winner will be announced on Monday, October 25, 2010. We’ll mail Greg Heffley and your other goodies out and you should receive them in time to celebrate the launch of The Ugly Truth!
While you’re here, check out some other Wimpy Kid resources!
• Watch a video interview of author Jeff Kinney
• “Wimp yourself” and make your own wimpy kid character
• Follow Greg Heffley and the Wimpy Kid movie on Twitter
Winner must be a K-12 librarian or teacher. Winners will be picked by Recorded Books. U.S. entrants only, please. We reserve the right to confirm eligibility and to alter contest rules. Good luck!